Here at M&B we are more excited about Pancake Tuesday than most children are. The pancake possibilities are endless. Pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.. Yum!
- 100g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tblsp. melted butter or sunflower oil
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- Crack the egg into the well; add the melted butter or oil and half the milk. Gradually draw the flour into the liquid by stirring all the time with a wooden spoon until all the flour has been incorporated and then beat well to make a smooth batter. Stir in the remaining milk. (Alternatively, beat all the ingredients together for 1 minute in a blender or food processor. Leave to stand for about 30 minutes, stir again before using.)
- To make the pancakes, heat a small heavy-based frying pan until very hot and then turn the heat down to medium.
- Lightly grease with oil and then ladle in enough batter to coat the base of the pan thinly (about 2 tblsp.), tilting the pan so the mixture spreads evenly.
- Cook over a moderate heat for 1-2 minutes or until the batter looks dry on the top and begins to brown at the edges. Flip the pancake over with a palette knife or fish slice and cook the second side.
TIP: The key to success is in letting your batter rest before cooking. This will gives it a thicker, more viscous consistency.
| BREAKFAST PANCAKES | | LUNCHTIME PANCAKES | | DINNERTIME PANCAKES |
For more recipe ideas check out our Pinterest board ‘Pancake Tuesday‘