Have a flippin’ good Pancake Tuesday, with Jamie Oliver’s easy ‘One-cup pancakes with blueberries’. These are the simplest pancakes to make with kids. You don’t even need scales to weigh out the ingredients – all you need is a cup or a mug!
Ingredients (Makes 8 pancakes)
- 1 large free range egg
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- sea salt
- 200 g blueberries
- olive oil
1. To make the batter, crack the egg into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the flour, milk and a tiny pinch of sea salt.
3. Whisk everything together until you have a lovely, smooth batter.
4. Fold through the blueberries, if required.
5. Put a large frying pan on a medium heat and after a minute or so, add ½ tablespoon of oil.
6. Carefully tilt the pan to spread the oil out evenly.
7. Add a few ladles of batter to the pan, leaving enough space between each one so they have room to spread out slightly – each ladleful will make one pancake, and you’ll need to cook them in batches.
8. Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until little bubbles appear on the surface and the bases are golden, then use a large turner to carefully flip them over.
9. When the pancakes are golden on both sides, use a large turner to transfer the pancakes to a plate.
10. Repeat steps 5 to 9 with the remaining batter, adding ½ tablespoon of oil to the pan between batches, if needed.
11. Serve the pancakes straight away, topped with a dollop of natural yoghurt, and some extra berries, if you like.