In the lead up to our wonderful Christmas Inspiration Day on the 19th November 2017 all this week we’re giving you a taste of what’s to come starting with our top tips for decorating your Christmas Tree!
Get Ready to Deck (orate) The Halls!
If you pop into any of our stores you’ll know that at M&B we love our Christmas trees! Traditionally the 8th of December was the day to get the Christmas Trees up at home but every year it seems to be getting earlier! And why not? There’s something lovely about switching on those Christmas lights when you get home on dark evenings!
This year take the time to enjoy decorating your Christmas tree; get the mince pies heated, the Michael Bublé Christmas album playing and mulled wine on the hob! We’ve put together a few simple tips to make the 2017 tree the best yet!
- Creating a good base for your tree decorating is essential. If you have an artificial tree make sure all the branches have been pulled outwards to give it a full, natural look. Once the tree is looking good, your first layer should always be the Christmas lights! Then take a step back and make sure you have an even spread of lights throughout the tree. Next add your trimmings or tinsel, weaving it along from top to bottom evenly. Now the fun begins! Get the baubles out and start adding them to the branches. Make sure to keep the colours balanced and try not to have too many of the same colour in one area.
- If you find there are a few empty spots, revive an old tradition and fill space using seasonal foliage or get some large ribbon and make a bow with impact! It is a wonderful way to create a full and traditional looking Christmas tree.
- Make decorating fun and think outside the box! When decorating the tree you don’t have to stick to the bauble and lights combination only. For example, Christmas crackers make a lovely addition to the overlook when tucked between the branches!
- Play with different sizes for impact and place a Christmas ornament like one of our Nutcracker Toy soldiers into the tree to bring added depth and interest to the finished piece. Or loop three baubles together (see below image) for a unique effect.
- Finally, hang treats like candy canes or gingerbread biscuits for some tasty decorations for Christmas Eve! If you are making the gingerbread biscuits at home don’t forget to make a little hole at the top of the biscuit for the ribbon to go through! Find a super easy recipe over at Nigella Lawson’s blog – link below.
Gifts on the Tree
We’re so used to wrapping up presents for under the tree why not add a few small, special gifts to the tree itself? On Christmas eve it nice to open just one little present so why not make the Christmas Tree presents for Christmas Eve! Our mini knit stockings are perfect for this as they make a lovely decoration but can also hold a little gift inside! Maybe even a Meadows & Byrne gift card to treat someone special?!
We would love to see your 2017 Christmas Style!
Share on Facebook or Instagram using:
P.S Find The Edible Christmas Tree Decoration Recipe Here: